Multimodal transportation is both domestic, and international cargo transportation by mixed transport when the delivery to the destination point is carried out by two or more modes of transportation based on a single contract.
The main goal of multimodal transportation is reduction of the delivery time and costs. The feature of this type of transportation is availability of single organizational, controlling and coordinating center of the transport company.
Novotrans Yug, LLC performs multimodal container transportation:
- container transportation of cargoes in any directions: Western Europe, Middle East, South-East Asia, North and South America, Australia, Africa;
- arrangement of export and import cargo transportation via the ports of Novorossiysk;
- full container service: container delivery for loading/unloading, return of empty containers;
- reshipment of the cargo in the port and its delivery by trucks, railway to the recipient;
- inter-port freight forwarding;
- vessels chartering;
- delivery of off-gauge and heavy cargoes and various wheel/rolling machinery by the RO-RO vessels;
- performance as consignor at drafting covering documents;
- cargo insurance en route;
- cargo tracking.
The advantage of the multimodal cargo transportation by marine transport is high throughput and carrying capacity, low cost of long-distance transportation. The marine vessels enable to perform inter-continental delivery of container cargoes. The average speed of the transport vessels is 14 knots/h; maximal loading capacity is 300 thousand tons.